High-opportunity places, especially newly energized communities, need inbound pathways for new
In a two-panel double session at Solutions for Affordable Housing, NHC’s 2016 national policy convening, speakers will discuss new ideas in placemaking and explore emerging best practices in mobility strategies that connect the two approaches.
A combined approach
Solving our communities' housing challenges requires bringing all our resources to bear. Focusing solely on community revitalization, or on mobility and choice alone, would necessarily leave some families and neighborhoods behind.
On December 14, I’ll moderate a panel that will strive to move housing forward with a combine mobility and placemaking approach, with the help of these experts:
- Ted Chandler, AFL-CIO Housing Investment Trust
- David Cristeal, Arlington County
- Chrystal Kornegay, Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development
- Carol Naughton, Purpose Built Communities
- Marisa Novara, Metropolitan Planning Council
- Barbara Sard, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Celia Smoot, LISC
Solutions for Affordable Housing is where the housing community will convene to chart the course for federal housing policy after the November election. Register now to be part of it.